Flu Vaccination Programme 2022-2023: Information for Eligible Patients
Adult Flu Vaccines for eligible patients still available at Sirona Medical – please call Reception (after 10am) to make your flu vaccine appointment.
Appointments will become available for registered patients to receive the flu vaccine from the first week of October onwards. Our vaccine delivery is every fortnight and appointments will be made available on a fortnightly basis, as and when the vaccine stock is confirmed for delivery by the HSE.
Vaccination appointments will only be available for those patients who meet the HSE eligibility criteria.
This year, the HSE will provide flu vaccines for patients in two groups:
- Patients aged 65 and over, patients who are pregnant and patients aged between 6 months and 23 months and those aged between 18 and 64 years of age who are at increased risk of influenza-related complications (See Specified List below).
- Patients aged 2 to 17 years. Further information in relation to the nasal flu vaccine for this age group will follow in the coming weeks. Please check back to our website News page for details of clinics for children.
Patients in the HSE specified groups above will receive the vaccine free of charge. You will be asked to provide your PPS number to ensure your vaccine is covered by the HSE.
You can see more details about the flu vaccine from the HSE website by clicking here.
Other useful information is available by clicking these links:
- Information about the flu vaccine for people at risk.
- Flu vaccine in pregnancy.
- Flu vaccine for healthcare workers.
- Influvac Tetra – the flu vaccine you will receive at Sirona Medical.
Please read the information below carefully to determine if you are eligible to receive the flu vaccine this year. It is important not to book an appointment for a flu vaccine if you do not meet the criteria below as you cannot be given a vaccine for which you are not eligible.
Please note that as per HSE and national guidelines, ONLY patients in the HSE specified groups will be able to avail of the flu vaccine in this practice. We will not be receiving flu vaccines for any other patients from the HSE and at this time, we are not aware of private supply in Ireland available for other patients.
We understand this may be frustrating for other patients and suggest you contact the HSE or your local political representative to raise this matter with them.