As a result of the cyber attack on HSE IT systems, please read the following information and advise family and friends of the impacts. The Sirona Medical computer system is not affected. However:
- we cannot submit blood or urine samples to the laboratory as they do not have access to their IT systems.
- This means that all blood tests currently scheduled for the coming days will unfortunately have to be cancelled. If you had an appointment scheduled for blood tests in the coming days, we will contact you to reschedule. All other consultations and appointments will go ahead as scheduled.
- We are also unable to download any results or reports from hospitals and the laboratory until the HSE IT issue is resolved. Results from recent tests will be delayed by this issue.
- We are unable to send new referrals to hospitals for clinics, radiology or other tests / appointments until the issue is resolved.
- If you have flu-like / respiratory / Covid-19 symptoms, please contact the practice as usual. While we are unable to send electronic referrals for Covid-19 tests, we will still provide medical advice and guidance.
Any scheduled Covid-19 vaccinations in the practice will go ahead as scheduled.
- Many hospital clinics and appointments will be cancelled due to the HSE IT issue. Your hospital clinic will contact you about this if it affects you or go to www.hse.ie for more information. Please DO NOT contact Sirona Medical about hospital appointments as we have no role in rearranging / rescheduling these appointments.
- D-Doc Out of Hours GP, Emergency departments / A&E and ambulance services are still operating for urgent and emergency issues.
Like all of our patients, and everyone in the HSE and healthcare system, we hope this issue will be resolved soon and that all services will resume as normal. We send the HSE IT teams good wishes to resolve the issue.