If you are aged between 60 and 69 years, you are asked by the HSE to register online for your COVID-19 vaccination from Thursday 15th April onwards. The link for registration is now open and the HSE has asked that people register according to the schedule, based on their age.
Those aged 60-64 will be able to register over the coming days, and those aged 65-69 can register at any time if they have not already done so.
Please share this information or help family members with the registration where needed.
- We strongly encourage all patients in this age group to register so you can receive your COVID-19 vaccine as soon as possible.
- If you cannot access the web portal yourself, you can ask a friend or relative to help with registration, or can contact HSE Live by telephone at 1850 25 1850.
- All patients in this age group will be vaccinated in HSE vaccination centres, not in GP practices. This is a HSE decision and is the case for all patients in the age group, regardless of medical conditions or risk factors.
- Please don’t pass up the opportunity to get one of these vaccines ‘just in case’ your GP might have a different one to offer you as unfortunately this will not be the case.
- Please understand that we must follow the HSE criteria in this regard and we will not be given vaccines for this age group.
- If you are offered a particular type of vaccine for an appointment at a vaccination centre, you must consider the information provided here by the HSE and by the vaccinator and decide if you wish to receive the vaccine. If you are offered the AstraZeneca vaccine, there is some useful information about that vaccine located here: Information about AstraZeneca Vaccine
- GPs do not have any alternative pathway for vaccination outside those set out by the HSE and government in the national rollout plan, and the HSE is not supplying GPs with vaccines for these age groups.
You can see full details of all the HSE information related to Covid-19 vaccination here: HSE Covid-19 Vaccine Information
We would encourage all our patients to register on the HSE portal or call HSE Live 1850 24 1850 to register for your vaccination as soon as the opportunity arises for your age group.